Skip to main content
Back to top

Question Index

Where is the Accounting Office located?

We’re located in the southeast corner of the second floor of the main building by Einstein.

What are your office hours?

We’re open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. — no appointment is necessary.

How do I contact the Accounting Department?

How can I access my DigiPen account information?

You can access both tuition and housing accounts in your Colleague Self-Service portal by selecting the Student Finance tab.

How do I pay my tuition/housing fees?

You can pay tuition and housing fees from your Colleague Self-Service portal in the Student Finance tab.

What payment methods are accepted?

Credit card and e-check payments can be paid directly in the Colleague Self-Service portal.

  • Credit card payments (2.65% convenience fee with a minimum service fee of $2.00 per transaction added to the amount of the bill)

  • E-check (no fee)
  • Wire transfer payment (for international students only) through Flywire or PayMyTuition

  • Personal/Business check or money order — payable to DigiPen Institute of Technology or DigiPen Housing LLC

    • Checks and money orders can either be mailed or dropped off at the Accounting Office located at:
      9931 Willows Road NE
      Redmond, WA 98052
      Attn: Accounting office
  • Cash — Do not mail cash. Please bring cash payments to the Accounting Office.

NOTE: There is a $20.00 fee for all returned or declined payments.

Does DigiPen offer a payment plan?

DigiPen offers a payment plan for your Tuition account balance through ACI Payments. Housing fees cannot be paid through the payment plan. Your housing balance needs to be paid in full by the due date — or secured by sufficient financial aid funds — before moving into our Housing units.

The payment plan is available to everyone. If you are interested in participating in the payment plan, please enroll through ACI’s website.

Here is a brief summary of the payment plan details:

  • Enrollment fee of $50.00/semester — You will need to enroll each semester.
  • Credit card payment service fee is 2.65% with a minimum service fee of $3.95.
  • There is no fee for payments made by E-check.
  • Late payment fee is $20.00.
  • Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fee is $20.00.
  • Once you select the plan of your choice, the monthly installment amount will be calculated automatically. When your tuition account balance changes in your Colleague Self-Service portal, the installment amount will be adjusted accordingly by the system.
  • The payment plan balance must be paid by the end of the semester. It also has to be paid by the start of the next semester or you won’t be able to start classes.

How are my Financial Aid overages refunded to me?

  • Federal-Funded Aid — A check will be issued and returned to the borrower upon disbursement. This check gets mailed to the borrower’s address or, if otherwise specified on the initial loan application, to the Account Receivable address set up in the student’s Colleague Self-Service profile.

  • Private Loan/Scholarship/Grant Aid — A reimbursement check can be requested by the student for any overages remaining on their account by submitting a Reimbursement Request Form to the Accounting Office. An email will be sent to the student when the check is ready and can either be mailed or picked up.

Where can I get the Reimbursement Request Form?

You can access the Reimbursement Request Form or it can also be requested from Physical copies are located outside of the Accounting Office.

How do I transfer money from my Tuition account to cover my Housing balance?

Tuition and Housing are separate accounts. If you have funds in your Tuition account that need to be transferred to your Housing account, you need to submit a completed Reimbursement Request Form to the Accounting Department.

How can my parent(s) or guardian(s) access my Colleague Self-Service portal to submit payments?

You can grant your parent(s) or guardian(s) access to your Colleague Self-Service portal by following the User Options menu, then clicking View/Add Proxy Access, and selecting the applicable box(es) in the Student Finance section.

Does DigiPen charge the late payment fee?

A monthly service fee is applied to delinquent accounts. A student’s account is considered delinquent if the student has a balance due on the first day of the month following the start of the semester.

What are my options if I have remaining credit on my account?

You have two options if you have remaining credit on your account:

  • Leave your credit balance to apply for the future semester.
  • Apply the credit to your housing balance or request a refund by completing the Reimbursement Request Form.