Skip to main content
Back to top

Many students seek employment during their time at DigiPen. In addition to helping cover living expenses while attending school, employment can help you build a valuable history of work experience.

Convenient on-campus employment offers the advantage of a more flexible schedule, which can help to keep your work and studies in balance. The website linked below lists all available on-campus positions.

DigiPen On-Campus Student Positions

Student employees must have valid contracts and complete all the required paperwork with the Office of Human Resources before they start working at DigiPen. Contact your supervisor or the Office of Human Resources for complete details.

Payment Information

Direct Deposit

Employees are encouraged to utilize Direct Deposit service for secure and timely delivery of their pay. Employees may sign up for Direct Deposit service by providing their banking information in Paychex Flex.

Direct Deposits will be credited to employees’ bank accounts on pay day.

Paycheck and Pay Stub

Physical paychecks and pay stubs may be picked up from the Office of Human Resources on or after pay day. Checks and stubs not picked up within seven days after pay day will be mailed to the employee address shown in Paychex Flex.

If a pay day falls on a school break, paychecks and stubs may be delivered by mail only.

The electronic pay stubs become available in Paychex Flex on pay day.

Employee Address

Employees are responsible for maintaining an up-to-date address in Paychex Flex. If you have any trouble accessing Paychex Flex, you should inform the Office of Human Resources immediately.

Note: Employee profiles inside Paychex Flex are not shared with Colleague Self-Service (CSS). Changing your address in one system will not make a corresponding change in the other.

Tax Forms

Form W-4 for U.S. Citizens and Resident Aliens

New employees must submit IRS Form W-4 (“Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate”) electronically in Paychex Flex so DigiPen can withhold the correct federal income tax from their pay.

Existing employees may update their withholding status at any time by submitting a new W-4 in Paychex Flex.

If you do not submit a W-4, the federal income tax on your pay will be withheld at the highest level, i.e., as if you were single and are declaring no allowances.

Form W-4 for Those Exempt From Withholding

A physical document of IRS Form W-4 must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources if an employee claims exemption from withholding for federal income tax. Refer to IRS Pub. 505 to learn more about whether you qualify for exemption from withholding.

The exemption that was claimed on the current year’s Form W-4 expires February 15th of next year. The next year’s Form W-4 should be submitted by February 15th to continue the exemption for the rest of the year.

Form W-4 for U.S. Non-Resident Aliens

Non-resident alien employees must submit a physical document of IRS Form W-4 to the Office of Human Resources. Refer to the IRS Notice 1392 before completing Form W-4.

If you are a non-resident alien employee, you must contact the Office of Human Resources immediately if your residency and visa status changes.

Form W-2

IRS Form W-2 (“Wage and Tax Statement”) shows the amount of earnings and withholdings for federal taxes. Employees use the information on this form when they file their annual tax returns.

The electronic Form W-2 for the current year becomes available in Paychex Flex in January of the following year. The physical Form W-2 will be mailed to your address on file by January 31st.

Employees may opt out of the physical copies by entering their preference in Paychex Flex.

You are responsible for maintaining an up-to-date address in Paychex Flex.


Email the Office of Human Resources or the Office of Accounting for any questions.

Note: Neither the Office of Human Resources nor the Office of Accounting provide tax advice.