Skip to main content
Back to top

Your F-1 visa allows you to work on campus at the academic institution that issued your I-20 while you are enrolled in a full course of study.

Examples of on-campus employment: Teaching Assistant, Library Assistant, Office Assistant, Café Student Worker, etc.

In order to apply for a job on campus, you must:

  • Be enrolled in a full course of study

  • Be a full-time student or between semesters

  • Have a valid I-20 from DigiPen

  • Be in good academic standing

  • Meet with a Designated School Official (DSO) to get authorization to apply for a position

In order to work on campus:

  • After you are offered the position, get certification letters from the DSO and your new employer

  • Apply for a Social Security Number

  • Adhere to the government policy to work no more than 20 hours a week during the regular full-time semesters. F-1 students may work 20 hours or more during the annual vacation semester if they have maintained status and have the intent to register for the following required term, if needed for the completion of their program.