Congratulations, new Dragons. To start off your journey at DigiPen on the right foot, we would like to invite you to New Student Orientation (NSO). During NSO, you will have an opportunity to meet both new and current students, hear from your program directors and faculty, and receive some useful tips that every new student should know.
We have been working diligently over these past few months to create a New Student Orientation experience that fully immerses you in DigiPen while ensuring the health and wellness of all our students, staff, and faculty.
See the full NSO Checklist to make sure you have everything covered.
Online New Student Orientation
Beginning December 14, 2020, you will get access to a self-paced online orientation. This required web content will include an overview of the DigiPen student experience and details about campus support services. The link for the online orientation website will be emailed to all new students on Monday, December 14 and will be posted here as well.
Get started at the Online New Student Orientation site.
December and January Virtual Sessions
From December 14-18, we will be hosting virtual events that will include opportunities to connect with current students and your Program Directors, familiarize yourself with campus learning tools, and a Welcome Address from DigiPen Founder and President, Claude Comair. In January 2021, students can look forward to visiting our campus to receive their DigiPen badges and take a tour of the facilities. There will also be more virtual opportunities to learn about campus resources and involvements, such as the Virtual Club Fair!
The links to the virtual sessions can be found on the following events calendar. If you’re new to using Zoom, you can download the meeting application for your device at zoom.us. If you’re unable to attend one or more sessions, we’ll also be offering recordings of each meeting.
Schedule at a Glance:
December 2020 (all hosted via Zoom)
- DigiPen Welcome Address on Monday, December 14 at 10:00 a.m. PST
- Microsoft Teams Training for New Students on Monday, December 14 at 1:00 p.m. PST
- DigiPen Online Technologies with IT on Tuesday, December 15 at 2:00 p.m. PST
- Chat with Your Program Director on Wednesday, December 16 at 2:00 p.m. PST
- Orientation Leader Panel, TBA
January 2021 (all hosted via Microsoft Teams)
- Working from Home and Mental Health on Monday, January 4 at 4:00 p.m. PST
- Financial Aid and Accounting for New Students on Thursday, January 7 at 11:00 a.m. PST
- Virtual Club Fair on Friday, January 8 at 7:00 p.m. PST
- New Students and the Learning Resource Center on Tuesday, January 12 at 11:00 a.m. PST
- F-1 Advising for International Students on Wednesday, January 13 at 4:00 p.m. PST
- Additional event details coming soon!
Virtual Orientation Leaders
During New Student Orientation, current DigiPen students will serve as your Orientation Leaders (OLs). You will be invited to connect directly with your assigned OL and other incoming DigiPen students through a live, online meeting platform. These student leaders are here to guide you through New Student Orientation, answer any questions you have, and share information that will be valuable during your time at DigiPen.
Parent and Family Orientation
DigiPen will be hosting an online session designed specifically for families and parents on Tuesday, December 15 at 11:00 a.m. PST! You can find the Zoom meeting link for this session on the events calendar.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Office of Student Life at studentlife[at]digipen[dot]edu.