Skip to main content
Back to top

Concerns Over Academic Standing

Students who would like to file an appeal against a decision regarding their academic standing in a particular course should discuss the matter with their instructor. If a satisfactory resolution is unattainable, students may file an appeal with the Dean of Faculty by sending the Grade Appeal Form and corroborative documents to Students may appeal grades and review exams no later than two days after grade reports are issued. The Administration reserves the right to destroy any examination papers after the appeal period. However, academic records will be kept indefinitely.

Appeal for Refund of Tuition

Students who would like to file an appeal against a decision regarding their tuition refund shall file a written request to the Accounting Department. If dissatisfied with the decision of the Accounting Department, students may file a second appeal with the Chief Financial Officer.

Other Disputes

Students who feel that they have any other type of dispute with the Institute should file a complaint with the relevant Department Chair or supervisor. A copy of this complaint shall be given to those involved with the dispute. If the student is not satisfied with the decision of the Department Chair or supervisor, a second complaint may be submitted to the Chief Financial Officer.

Filing a Complaint with an External Party

A student may file a complaint with an external party should they feel that the institution has not adequately addressed a complaint or concern after they have followed the institution’s Process for Grievances and Appeals.

Washington Student Achievement Council

The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) has authority to investigate student complaints against specific schools. WSAC may not be able to investigate every student complaint. Visit for information regarding the WSAC complaint process.

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges

Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints. If students do not feel that the Institute has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, they may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission.

All complaints considered by the Commission must be in written form, with permission from the complainant(s) for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the Institute for a response. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges

A copy of the Commission’s Complaint Form is available at the Institute and may be obtained by contacting Mandy Wong, VP of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs, or online at

If students are unsure of whom to speak to regarding a complaint, they may contact Mandy Wong at the following address:

Mandy Wong

VP of Compliance and Regulatory Affairs