Skip to main content
Back to top

As graduation approaches, you may want to invite your family members to celebrate commencement with you. Here are some things you can do to help them apply for a visitor’s visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.

  • Send them a copy of the Graduation Invitation Letter, which DigiPen can provide you. Please contact International Student Affairs at least a week before you would like to send your letter.

  • Send them a copy of your Enrollment Verification Letter from the Registrar to confirm your student status.

Providing your family members with this documentation may improve their chances of obtaining a visa; however, there is no guarantee a visa will be issued. The success of their request for a visa lies in their ability to prove that they have no intention of staying permanently in the U.S.

For additional information about U.S. embassy and consulate locations as well as application procedures, visit: