Skip to main content
Back to top

International applicants should follow these steps after being accepted to DigiPen Institute of Technology.

International students intending to study at DigiPen Institute of Technology must obtain an F-1 visa from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a full course of study toward a specific educational or professional objective at a school in the United States. Once this objective has been attained, the F-1 student is expected to return to their residence abroad.

As an international student, you should note your citizenship on the application form for admission. If you are accepted, DigiPen will send you a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant [F-1] Student Status) as part of your acceptance packet. If you are accepted to DigiPen but do not receive a Form I-20 in your acceptance packet, please contact the Office of Admissions as soon as possible.

We recommend international students review the visa application process on the Study in the States website. Only students who have been accepted to DigiPen will receive the Form I-20 necessary to apply for a student visa.

Once you receive your Form I-20, take it to the nearest U.S. consulate to obtain a student visa. Please note that the visa process may take several months to complete, so we recommend you complete the application process early. When at the U.S. consulate, you must also have copies of the Financial Responsibility Form and supporting documents to prove that you have sufficient financial resources for your education in the United States. For more information on visas, please consult the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

If you are an international student transferring from another U.S. institution, you will need to fill out a Transfer-In form so that your current Form I-20 can be transferred to DigiPen.

If you are a permanent resident, you do not need a student visa, but you must prove your immigration status by submitting a copy of your permanent residency card and marking the appropriate citizenship status on your application for admission. The copy of the permanent residency card confirms that you are a legal resident and that you may pursue studies at DigiPen. Permanent residents are entitled to the same rights, services, and tuition rates as U.S. citizens.

Incoming international students are required to attend a special portion of New Student Orientation.

Note: DigiPen is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.

Take the Next Step

Get connected with DigiPen and stay in the loop!

Sign up to get in touch with a personal representative at DigiPen, and we’ll also send you a digital viewbook detailing our degree programs.

Request Information

Start Your Application

Ready to take your education further? Head to our secure application portal and submit an application for admission.

Apply Online