- Students are required to register their vehicle (or vehicles) every year they attend DigiPen Institute of Technology. Information needed includes the license plate, make, and model of the vehicle, as well as the student’s personal contact info (phone number and address). Students may apply for a parking pass via their Student Records System (SRS) accounts.
- After registering their vehicle(s), students may collect their parking sticker at the Campus Store.
- Each parking sticker must be placed on the inside of the registered vehicle’s rear windshield, on the lower left-hand (driver’s-side) corner of the glass.
- Students with the proper parking sticker are allowed to park in the spaces near the building signified by the DigiPen logo. (The unmarked or “compact” parking spaces in the lower-level parking lots do not require a parking pass, and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The upper parking lot west of campus, near the Pro Club and Microsoft buildings, is off limits.)
- Students may not park in visitor-assigned, executive, or other reserved parking spots at any time.
- DigiPen Institute of Technology reserves the right to tow any vehicle that is deemed inoperable or that may present a danger to the surrounding area.
- DigiPen Institute of Technology reserves the right to temporarily reassign, reallocate, or reduce the number of available parking spaces for school functions.
- Parking spots in the DigiPen lot are limited and are not guaranteed at any time. Parking spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- DigiPen Institute of Technology is not responsible for any loss of or damage to vehicles or their contents, including loss or damage caused by (but not limited to) theft or collision.
- Drivers in the DigiPen lot must adhere to the posted 5 mph speed limit.
- Drivers must immediately report any hit-and-run incidents they are involved in to the DigiPen front desk staff.
- If a vehicle is parked in a designated DigiPen parking spot without the appropriate parking sticker visibly placed in its rear windshield, the driver will be issued a warning for the first offense, a $50 fine for the second offense, and a $100 fine for the third offense in the form of a ticket placed on the front windshield of the vehicle. The driver has up to seven (7) days from the ticket’s issue date to pay the fine at the DigiPen Campus Store. On the fourth infraction, no ticket is issued and the vehicle is towed.
- There will be a two-week grace period before parking tickets are issued at the beginning of the academic year for student parking spaces. This grace period does not include any infractions of students parking in visitor, executive, or faculty/staff spaces. There will be no grace period for vehicles that are parked in unauthorized spaces and must be towed.
- Infractions punishable by fines or towing (see above) include but are not limited to: failure to register a vehicle, parking without a visible pass, double parking, parking overnight, and misuse of visitor, handicap, carpool, executive, vanpool, or reserved spots.
- If a vehicle remains parked in the DigiPen parking lot overnight, DigiPen reserves the right to tow the vehicle.
- Drivers will be held financially responsible for any partial or completed tows ordered for their vehicles. (A standard car tow can cost between $250 and $300, plus additional charges for vehicle storage.)
Parking Appeals Process
Drivers who feel that they were issued a ticket without cause may write a letter of appeal to email@example.com stating their reasons for contesting the ticket. The Senior Vice President of Institutional Facilities will review the letter and notify the driver of the decision in a timely manner.
Due to increased demand, DigiPen has arranged overflow parking for Spring 2016 semester at the Overlake Christian Church, located across Willows Road from DigiPen. If you find it necessary to use the overflow parking, please note the following:
- There is a specific area that DigiPen has been assigned for students and staff to use. See the area marked in red on the map below. Please note that other organizations have already been assigned the parking spots closest to Willows Road, so only use the stalls in our designated area.
- Due to the high volume and speed of traffic on Willows Road, never jaywalk across Willows Road. Use the intersection and always use extreme caution when crossing.
- Neither DigiPen nor Overlake Christian Church can accept responsibility for loss of items, valuables left in your car, any liability for damage to vehicles parked, or personal injuries.