DigiPen Housing offers apartment-style housing to a limited number of undergraduate and graduate students, as well as those enrolled in summer courses at DigiPen or Singaporean students participating in the Overseas Immersion Program (OIP). All OIP students are required to stay in housing provided by DigiPen Housing LLC during their Overseas Immersion Program experience.
Summer 2017 OIP Students
- Application Period: January 9 - February 3, 2017
- Housing Agreement Due: February 10, 2017
- Placement Notification: March 3, 2017
- Payment Due: March 31, 2017
- Move-in: May 13, 2017
- OIP Orientation: May 14, 2017
- Move-Out: August 6, 2017 by 5:00 pm
Move in occurs between 10am and 4pm on May 13th. Students will need to call the Resident Assistant (RA) Phone at (425) 785-1608 in order to pick up their keys if they arrive after 4pm.
If you arrive earlier than May 13th, you are responsible for finding alternate accommodations until the 13th.
Cost of Accommodation: Cost of accommodation is based on the number of residents placed within each unit. If a resident is placed within a four person unit, the resident's fee is USD 3,000/ SGD 4,350 (for the period of May 13th, 2017 – August 6th, 2017). We currently are only offering four person units for 2017 OIP. Cost is fixed per person.
- Refundable Deposit: SGD 420 (Deposit will be refunded, less the amount of damages, and in accordance with the policies and procedures)
- All OIP students must make the accommodation and deposit payment by March 31st, 2017, to DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore Account Dept.
- The payment of the accommodation can be made in USD or SGD, but the payment in deposit is strictly in SGD.
Currently our Housing is located at the below addresses, but we may add other complexes before your placement:
- Olde Redmond Place: 7001 Old Redmond Road, Redmond, WA 98052
- Gates of Redmond: 15325 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052
- The Summit: 14820 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052
- Shadowbrook: 8500 148th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052
See Housing Amenities for a complete list of furnishings and services that DigiPen Housing offers.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed in DigiPen Housing LLC Resident Halls, even if residents are over the age of 21. Students who break these policies may be removed from DigiPen Housing LLC Resident Halls and unable to complete their OIP program.
- Smoking is not permitted within the housing complexes and must be done next to the street.
- Trash must be placed within the dumpster located in the housing complex. You must lift the lid and place trash inside.
- Shopping carts and baskets are the property of the establishment in which you use them. Taking carts and baskets off of store property is considered theft and could carry a fine
- Quiet hours last from 10pm until 8am the next day.
- We do not provide transportation to or from the airport. Airport transportation information can be found here.
- Use your shower curtain. If you do not use it properly, water will leak onto your bathroom floor, potentially causing damage. Close the shower curtain completely, and be sure to tuck it inside the bathtub.
- Lock your bike. We recommend that you purchase two types of locks in order to discourage theft. Redmond is not a high crime area, but anything left outside and not locked down (even bike seats) can be stolen.
- Use your heater sparingly. Redmond has a colder climate than you may be used to, but cranking up the heater is very inefficient. Heating yourself with warm clothing is far more efficient, so consider investing in some fleece or "sweats". Keeping your windows closed will also help retain heat
- Glassware is not to be used on your stove top. Please only use pots and pans directly on your electric stove, and keep the coffee pot within the coffee maker for use.
- Bring US currency. You will need to buy supplies and food when you arrive!
- Research various methods of transportation before arriving. Most information can be found in our relocation guide.
- Bus information can be found here.