Financial Aid Checklist
Use this checklist to assist in completing your financial aid application.
- File the FAFSA:
- To apply for financial aid, go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and select the year for which you are seeking financial aid. You will need your previous year's taxes or tax estimates to complete the application.
- Our federal school code is 037243.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR): Once your FAFSA application has been processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). The SAR is emailed to you if you provided an email address or mailed to your home address. If you listed DigiPen Institute of Technology on your FAFSA, our Office of Financial Aid will receive a copy of your electronic SAR.
- Provide verification documents if requested: If your Student Aid Report notes that your application was selected for verification, you must provide copies of your IRS tax transcript for yourself, your spouse (if you are married), and your parents (if your parents' information was required for the FAFSA). Download Options for Ordering a Tax Transcript (.pdf) for further instructions. A Verification Worksheet is also required, which will be sent to you by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Submit additional documentation as needed: Your Student Aid Report may indicate that you need to provide additional documents to clarify citizenship, Selective Service registration, defaulted loan status, or other issues. The DigiPen Office of Financial Aid may also request further documentation.
- Washington State residents: Fill out the Opportunity Grant Application.
- For Stafford Student Loan Applicants: You must do an online Entrance Counseling session and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) before all of your financial aid is finalized. To do this, visit www.studentloans.gov.
If you need assistance with any of these steps or are unable to complete anything on the list, contact the Office of Financial Aid by emailing financialaid[at]digipen[dot]edu, calling 425-629-5002, or stopping by during business hours.
Contact Financial Aid
Phone: (425) 629-5002
Fax: (425) 558-0378
Financial Aid questions:
State Grant questions:
Veteran Benefits questions:
Federal School Code:
Application Tools and Resources